Going toxic free is such an exciting thing! You are taking a step to make a healthier life!
Your laundry is a great place to start. You are always in clothes, towels or sheets. Always touching your body and absorbing the chemicals in your detergent.
most people just get excited and switch their detergent. BUT that’s not all. Those toxins are now stuck inside your machines.
So it’s time to detox them too!! So when you use your nee detergent it really is clean.
Let’s start with the washer.
- Spray inside of washer with a non toxic cleaner. (I ONLY use this one)
- Wipe down all of the barrel and inner agitators if you have one.
- Run a soak cycle with 1/2 cup borax and 1/4 white vinegar. (Use washing soda id you don’t like borax) with HOT WATER.
- Repeat 2-3 times until smell of old detergent is gone.
- Spray the entire inside of dryer with non toxic cleaner. (I ONLY use this one).
- Wipe down entire inside of the dryer.
- Remove dryer lint trap and vaccum out, and wash by hand if dryer allows it.
- Vaccum out inside of lint trap.
- Throw the wet thieves rag in the dryer and run on high heat.
- Repeat until it doesn’t smell like dryer sheets anymore. Use wools dryer balls instead.
Need a clean detergent to use? Check out this post.
Hi, thanks for stopping by! Please enter your first name and email address for more information.